UPTU is the entrance level examination needed to gain entry in the undergraduate engineering courses and post graduate courses in the educational institutions under Gautam Buddha Technical University (GBTU) and some other universities of Uttar Pradesh as well. The exam is conducted by Gautam Buddha Technical University and the Uttar Pradesh Government has constituted Central Admission board under the Vice Chancellor of GBTU to control & supervise the exam. The UPTU 2014 is scheduled for end April.
Courses under UPTU 2014
- B.Tech (4 years)
- BHMCT course (4 years)
- B. Arch (both 4 & 5 years)
- B.Pharm (4 years)
- MBA (2 years)
- MCA (3 years)
Application procedure & fee
The candidates interested to sit for UPTU 2014 can apply from both the offline and online mode. The offline application form would be available from any UP post office. The offline form would be available from 1st to last week of March. The application fee is 1000 INR for general male & OBC candidates and it is 500 INR for girls and SC/ST candidates. The online application form for UPTU 2014 would be available from the last week of February, 2014. The online application fee is same as that of the offline one and the candidates interested in online application can apply from www.mtu.ac.in or www.uptu.ac.in.
- Candidates for undergraduate courses should secure at least 45 percent in total (50 percent for B.Arch). The candidates belonging to reserved categories have to secure 40 percent.
- MCA & MBA candidates must complete three years of degree course and the MCA candidates need to have Maths at degree or intermediate standard.
- UPTU candidates should pass their 10 plus 2 level exam from a renowned institution.
- Candidate/ or his parents must UP domicile.
UPTU 2014 Exam
UG Courses: 20-04-2014 (SUNDAY)
PG Courses: 27-04-2014 (SUNDAY)